Oakland is served by several major highways: Eastbound Bay Bridge traffic entering Oakland then splits into three freeways at the MacArthur Maze freeway interchange: Interstate 580 (MacArthur Freeway) heads southeast toward Hayward and eventually to the California Central Valley; Interstate 880 (Nimitz Freeway) runs south to San Jose; and the Eastshore Freeway (Interstate 80/I-580) runs north, providing connections to Sacramento and San Rafael, respectively. Interstate 980 (Williams Freeway) begins its eastbound journey at I-880 in Downtown Oakland before turning into State Route 24 (Grove Shafter Freeway) at I-580.*
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) – A high-speed rail system than travels through Oakland. Closest Station: 19th St. Oakland BART Station – 2.1 miles away
- AC Transit – An Oakland-based public transit agency serving the western portions of Alameda and Contra Costa counties in the East Bay portion of the San Francisco Bay Area. Closest Stop: Longridge Rd & Lakeshore Ave (right by the house!)
- Emery Go-Round – A free shuttle connecting Emeryville’s employers and shopping centers with MacArthur BART station. Closest Stop: MacArthur BART Station – 3.1 miles away
- San Francisco Bay Ferry – The ferry is an easy way to get across the bay. There are nine ferry terminals: Angel Island, San Francisco Pier 41, San Francisco Ferry Building, AT&T Park, South San Francisco, Oakland, Alameda Main Street, Harbor Bay and Vellejo. The Oakland Jack London Square Terminal is located at the west end of Jack London Square; Near 10 Clay St, Oakland CA, 94607 – 2.8 miles away
- Broadway Shuttle – A free shuttle offering fast, free connections from BART, the San Francisco Bay Ferry and Amtrak Capitol Corridor to downtown Oakland offices. Closest Stop: Grand Avenue & Webster Street – 1.8 miles away
- AMTRAK – A national railroad service with stops all over the country. The Oakland AMTRAK stop is located in Jack London Square – 2.8 miles away
- transit511.org – Use can use this website to plan a trip using one or more transit agencies, get walking directions and maps, and see nearby routes and services.
* From Wikipedia under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.